X

• Filtro
  • Ora
  • Visualizza
Elimina tutto
nuovi messaggi

• Ariel Atom 500 [English 3d]

PRESS RELEASE

Ariel announce the latest version of the Atom - the Ariel Atom 500, powered by a small V8 engine. With over 500bhp in a 500kilo package the Atom 500 will boast one of the highest power to weight ratios ever for a production car, ever. At over 1000bhp per tonne the Atom 500 will be the ultimate statement in performance and is destined to be made in a limited edition.

The V8 powered Atom is the first of some exciting developments from Ariel due to be released though 2008 and builds on the growing reputation that the company has for putting the passion back into driving and producing cars that are fun to drive as well as fast both on and off the track.

The 500 started life as a one off special project with RS Developments in 2007 and features the Russell Savory designed 2.4 litre V8 engine coupled to a 6 speed sequential Sadev gearbox. Developing over 500bhp at 10,000rpm the supercharged engine features all alloy construction, 5 valves per cylinder and a dry sump. The gearbox will have flatshift capability, a paddle gearchange with manual override as well as launch and traction controls.

Recognisable by the twin rear intakes for intercoolers the Atom 500 will feature a unique colour scheme for chassis, wheels and bodywork combined with carbon fibre panels and carbon fibre aerofoils. Other features will include chromemoly aerofoil wishbones, integrated function steering wheel, Alcon 4 pot caliper brakes and Dymag magnesium wheels.

Said Simon Saunders, Director of Ariel, ‘This is an interesting project for us and an experimental departure from what we normally produce. For a few customers the Atom 500 will be the ultimate expression of lightweight performance and represents the outer limits of what is achievable in a road registered car. We also use this sort of project to explore the possibilities of how we can improve our standard cars. The Honda engined production cars already combine all the elements that we want in an Atom and by pushing the envelope to these sorts of extremes we can further improve the breed’.

The Atom 500 will be produced in Somerset at the new Ariel factory with the first car available from Spring this year. Prices have not yet been finalised but Ariel’s commitment to performance for value will ensure that the Atom 500 is competitive in cost as well as performance.

With the standard Atom 300 already achieving sub 3 second times to 60mph and sub 7 second times to 100mph, the 500 will take this one stage further with record breaking production car possibilities.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...5100f77b63.htm

semplicemente da brivido
    Ultima modifica di vortex46; 03-03-2008, 18:53.
    Corpo: Nikon D300
    Obiettivi: Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 // Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.4D
    Accessori: BENRO A2691 Alu // SB-900 // Diffusore GaryFong// Crumpler Muffin Top Photo // Crumpler Pretty Boy 7500 XXXL // SanDisk Extreme CF 8gb 400x

Re: Ariel Atom 500 [English 3d]

Ecco...se mai mi entirete dire "Io la 500 la comrerei"....è di questa 500 che parlo

Cmq farebbe ridere tantissimo mettere una versione tradotta col translator di google...quanto mi fa ridere
    Giuro che quel giorno non c'ero...e se c'ero dormivo!!! PIU' CONOSCO GLI UOMINI PIU' AMO IL MIO CANE
    Addicted to A/C Esiliato da OSELLA LOVERZ I AM MINE
    "...Vedo il senso della vita scorrere davanti agli occhi, una cartolina appesa al filo dei ricordi..."
    Cri, sei la mia vita!!!! :ciao:Kiwi'll fly forever!!! :ciao:
    --->CLUB MORE RULEEEEZZZZZ<---[hehe] Socio onorario *** L.I.P.A.T.I. - Socio n°2
    -<<<Nemici di Amici>>>-THE PRESIDENT :OO

Commenta

Originariamente inviato da vortex46 Visualizza il messaggio
      [qimg]http://files.windingroad.com/newsuploads/2008/02/atom-500-v8-l.jpg[/qimg]

Said Simon Saunders, Director of Ariel, ‘This is an interesting project for us and an experimental departure from what we normally produce. For a few customers the Atom 500 will be the ultimate expression of lightweight performance and represents the outer limits of what is achievable in a road registered car. We also use this sort of project to explore the possibilities of how we can improve our standard cars. The Honda engined production cars already combine all the elements that we want in an Atom and by pushing the envelope to these sorts of extremes we can further improve the breed’.
      Ha detto Simon Saunders, direttore di Ariel, 'Si tratta di un progetto interessante per noi e uno sperimentale partenza da ciò che normalmente producono. Per un paio di clienti Atom 500 sarà l'ultima espressione di leggerezza e prestazioni rappresenta l'esterno i limiti di ciò che è realizzabile in una strada registrato auto. Abbiamo anche utilizzare questo tipo di progetto per esplorare le possibilità di come possiamo migliorare i nostri standard di automobili. La produzione di autovetture con motore Honda già unire tutti gli elementi che vogliamo in un Atom e spingendo la dotazione di questo tipo di estremi possiamo migliorare ulteriormente la razza '.

...PARDON
      Giuro che quel giorno non c'ero...e se c'ero dormivo!!! PIU' CONOSCO GLI UOMINI PIU' AMO IL MIO CANE
      "...Vedo il senso della vita scorrere davanti agli occhi, una cartolina appesa al filo dei ricordi..."
      --->CLUB MORE RULEEEEZZZZZ<---[hehe] Socio onorario *** L.I.P.A.T.I. - Socio n°2

Commenta

Spaziale, ma sinceramente è un po' troppo.
        Di auto non ha nulla, è praticamente un'auto da corsa omoogata...

Commenta

Originariamente inviato da Pramuk Visualizza il messaggio
          In effetti è l'estremizzazione dell'estremo...ma per girare in pista dire che può andare bene bene...

Commenta

Originariamente inviato da Pramuk Visualizza il messaggio
            corri in pista non sulla strada
            Corpo: Nikon D300
            Obiettivi: Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 // Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.4D
            Accessori: BENRO A2691 Alu // SB-900 // Diffusore GaryFong// Crumpler Muffin Top Photo // Crumpler Pretty Boy 7500 XXXL // SanDisk Extreme CF 8gb 400x

Commenta

che bestia impressionante....peso potenza come la yamaha R1....uffa...il mio "chiodo" ha 200 cv in meno e pesa 3 volte tanto........mi piacerebbe di brutto provarne una!!!
              ...The truth is out there...

..Quando morirò seppellitemi in una vigna affinchè possa restituire alla terra tutto ciò che le ho preso in vita..

G.I.B. Gli Irriducibili della Benza - socio num..boh!

Commenta

Originariamente inviato da MuzzyGSi Visualizza il messaggio
                che bestia impressionante....peso potenza come la yamaha R1....uffa...il mio "chiodo" ha 200 cv in meno e pesa 3 volte tanto........mi piacerebbe di brutto provarne una!!!
                Io credo proprio che non sarei in grado di portare una bestia simile...deve essere più nervosa di una donna in pieno periodo premestruale...

Commenta

Originariamente inviato da vortex46 Visualizza il messaggio
                  corri in pista non sulla strada
                  Immagino anche cosa sarebbe parcheggiarla...anche se è minuscola...ma saresti squadrato da chiunque nel raggio di 200 metri...Appena scendi puoi fare tranquillamente l'inchino

Commenta

Belle bella!!!

Un'animale!!!

Chissà che goduria guidarla per le colline!!!
                    Un pieno di BluSuper: fatevi i conti, col prezzo che sale giorno per giorno...
                    Un treno di Avon ZV3: circa 240€
                    Sentire la tua auto che chiude le curve con l'acceleratore: Non ha prezzo!
                    Finalmente ho capito che cosa è l'automobile con motore diesel: se la macchina, come disse DAnnunzio, è donna, la macchina con motore diesel potrà essere solo ed esclusivamente un trans... i conti tornano... pensateci! e che i veri dieselisti non mi vogliano male!

Commenta

Sto operando...
                    X